It can happen at a moment’s notice: you need to communicate a new idea to senior managers, influence your colleagues to support your proposal or inspire direct reports to make a change. Are you prepared to communicate with anyone in your organization? Do you know how to analyze your audience? Can you frame your message so that people feel connected to you in a corporate setting?
To connect with many types of people while projecting confidence, credibility and trustworthiness requires specific tools and strategies. You’ll focus on improving communication skills and competencies necessary to build mutual understanding and connectivity with others, regardless of your role. You’ll also discover influence strategies and learn how to critically evaluate each unique communication event.
How Will you Benefit?
- Analyze your audiences and situations and plan your message
- Create processes to frame your message to specific audiences
- Apply strategies to influence and motivate others throughout the organization
- Understand how communication can impact how much influence you have
- Exhibit a strong sense of self-confidence with your peers, direct reports and managers
What You Will Learn
- Solving real workplace communication issues
- Recognizing the role of communication in developing influence and improved productivity
- Exhibiting a strong sense of confidence and external image
- Applying strategies to build and use rapport and identification with colleagues
- Targeting your message to the situation
- Planning effective messaging in teams when up/down/across members are present
- Applying message-framing strategies to create a responsive environment
- Practicing how to deliver messages that promote clear and productive communication
- Motivating and influencing throughout the organization
- Evaluating and practicing various motivational and presentation formats
Who Should Attend
This communication training is ideal for business professionals who want to be strong, passionate and effective communicators who can speak to a variety of audiences across organizational boundaries.
CE Credits: 1.2