In this 1-day seminar, you’ll learn to communicate effectively and persuasively and become comfortable with your own style. Develop key presentation skills and learn how to present your ideas with conviction, control, and poise—and without fear. Plus receive expert advice on how to handle especially challenging situations. Best of all, you’ll gain confidence by making presentations.
How Will you Benefit?
- Tailor your presentation to your audience
- Use relaxation techniques to overcome nervousness
- Learn how to project your voice and use pauses to dramatize your point
- Expertly handle difficult questions and situations
- Communicate with clarity and conviction
- Gain confidence in your presentation skills
What You Will Learn
- Balancing verbal and nonverbal messages so content is clear and memorable and you engage listeners
- Developing and organizing presentation content using an audience profile and set presentation parameters
- Turning a speech outline into notes
- Preparing to give the presentation by rehearsing, adhering to a time frame, and speaking from notes
- Reducing stress and speaker’s anxiety
- Using visual aids and support materials
- Handling questions from the audience
- Managing the presentation environment so you can anticipate, avoid, and handle equipment problems
Who Should Attend
Everyone who needs to develop their presentation skills, speak in front of groups or sell ideas to others, and has little or no presentation experience.
CE Credits: .6
For Classroom, Live Online, and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee.
Programs included in AMA OnDemand offerings are not eligible for substitution, transfer, cancellation, return, or refund.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed—At AMA, we guarantee the quality of our seminars. In fact, 98% of our participants say they would recommend the course they have taken to their colleagues. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with a seminar for which you have paid, AMA will give you credit toward another seminar of comparable price or will refund your fee.
We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can.
American Management Association
American Management Association is a world leader in professional development, advancing the skills of individuals to drive business success.
Challenging situations require a trusted partner.AMA’s mission and approach to improving performance combines experiential learning—“learning through doing”—with opportunities for ongoing professional growth at every step of one’s career journey. AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of products and services, including seminars, webcasts and podcasts, conferences, corporate and government solutions, business books and research.
Organizations worldwide, including the majority of the Fortune 500, turn to AMA as their trusted partner in professional development and draw upon its experience to enhance skills, abilities and knowledge with noticeable results from day one.
More classes from American Management Association