This course is geared towards people who want to learn the basics on their mountain bikes. The course consists of on- and off-the-bike instruction and riding. The morning hours of the clinic will consist of outdoor classroom lesson instruction and bike handling drills. The afternoon hours of the clinic will consist of a moderate level 6-8 mile ride through the famous trails of the Santa Cruz Mountains!
Specific instruction will be given on:
- General Bike Fit Guidelines
- Mounting and Dismounting Technique
- Body Position, Focus and Balance
- Pedaling techniques
- Braking Techniques
- Climbing Technique
- Cornering Techniques, on uphill, downhill and switchbacks
- Bike Handling Drills
- Trail Repair, fixing a flat, and chain maintenance.
- Trail Etiquette and general discussion on bike “anatomy”, hydration, eating, recommended bike clothing for the micro-climates of Northern California as well as stretching and conditioning.
The Santa Cruz Mountains offer some of the world’s best mountain biking trails and our area is home to many industry leaders from bike manufacturers, shops, professional riders, and of course, instructors. Adventure Out specializes in Beginner through “Advanced Intermediate” training.
Your clinic includes:
Professional instruction on biking technique and safety as well as bike maintenance, and a guided ride with frequent regroups through the trails of the Santa Cruz Mountains.
Your packing list:
Bring your own bike & helmet – or rent from us! (Bike $35 ~ Helmet $5) Additionally we recommend comfortable/active clothing, athletic footwear, sunscreen, snack & water, and a small daypack.
NOTE: Directions, maps, recommended packing lists, and other details will all be provided upon registration.