Ages: Adult – 18+
Have you ever been frustrated when choosing colors for an art project, sewing project, painting or even deciding what to wear? Does it seem that sometimes you get it and other times you don’t? Learning basic color theory will give you the tools, knowledge and understanding to make those choices a whole lot easier and more fun. In each 3 hour class, we will cover a different aspect of color theory by coloring one or two worksheets and then apply those concepts in the creation of small paintings.
Color Theory Classes:
- Basic color terminology, and the color wheel. Monochromatic – Value, Intensity & Saturation
- Color Relationships – Analogous, Complimentary, Near Compliments & Proportion
- Color Relationships – Contrasts and how colors affect each other. Contrasts with Neutrals, Simultaneous Contrast, Contrast of Saturation
Students will make a set of reference worksheets on color theory, and one or more small paintings each class using the concepts presented each day.
Ages 18 & up
Students should bring:
- Pencil and paper for note taking.
- Plastic Water Container
- Paper Towels
- Optional supplies for students to bring
- For those students who already use water based media (watercolor, gouache, acrylic), they are invited to bring what they have.
- Required colors: 6 basic pure hues: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet, plus black and white
- Their own brushes
- watercolor sketch book