Understanding Color – Consecutive Week
Ages: Adult – 18+
Have you ever been frustrated when choosing colors for an art project, sewing project, painting or even deciding what to wear? Does it seem that sometimes you get it and other times you don’t? Learning basic color theory will give you the tools, knowledge and understanding to make those choices a whole lot easier and more fun. In each 3 hour class, we will cover a different aspect of color theory by coloring one or two worksheets and then apply those concepts in the creation of small paintings.
Color Theory Classes:
- Basic color terminology, and the color wheel. Monochromatic – Value, Intensity & Saturation
- Color Relationships – Analogous, Complimentary, Near Compliments & Proportion
- Color Relationships – Contrasts and how colors affect each other. Contrasts with Neutrals, Simultaneous Contrast, Contrast of Saturation
Students will make a set of reference worksheets on color theory, and one or more small paintings each class using the concepts presented each day.
Ages 18 & up
Students should bring:
- Pencil and paper for note taking.
- Plastic Water Container
- Paper Towels
- Optional supplies for students to bring
- For those students who already use water based media (watercolor, gouache, acrylic), they are invited to bring what they have.
- Required colors: 6 basic pure hues: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet, plus black and white
- Their own brushes
- watercolor sketch book
REFUND POLICY: Students who withdraw 8 days (or more) prior to the start date of the first class receive a full refund less the $10 process fee. Students who withdraw 7 days (or less) prior to the start date of the first class DO NOT receive a refund of any kind.
CANCELLATIONS: All classes not meeting their minimum requirement one week prior to class start date may be cancelled. In the event of class cancellation by Schack Art Center, you will be notified by e-mail or by phone and receive a full refund of tuition and fees. (We cannot connect to phones with caller block.)
MISSED CLASSES: There are no discounts or refunds for missed classes or late registrations.
Schack Art Center
Schack Art Center is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting and celebrating the arts for the enhancement of community life. Glass artist Jesse Kelly working in the Schack hot shop. Founded more than 38 years ago as the Arts Council of Snohomish County, the Schack Art Center opened in April 2011 and was named for John and Idamae Schack, in honor of their steadfast support of Everett's cultural institutions. Today the Schack Art Center is the place to look at, learn about, and create art in our region.
More classes from Schack Art Center
Why Register on Connect2Classes
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- Satisfaction Guarantee
- Cancellation Guarantee
Seattle • 307 3rd Ave. S. #2, Seattle, WA 98104 • Phone: +1 206-397-0011 • Copyright © 2018 All Rights Reserved