A Gallup poll of more than a million employed U.S. workers concluded that the No. 1 reason people quit their jobs is a bad boss or immediate supervisor. The good news is that supervisors can dramatically boost their effectiveness through the use of consistent models for everyday supervision activities. And since repeated practice of a skill significantly improves retention and on the job application, Supervisory Skills (our most popular course) includes structured activities where participants actively practice the skills they gain during the class.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Improve communication with employees at all levels of the organization
- Give objective, results-based feedback
- Improve substandard performance and retain high performers through coaching
- Increase quantity and quality of work completed through delegation
- Promote employee fairness and company protection with thorough documentation
- Foster teamwork and make effective decisions as a team
Note: The following stand-alone classes will be covered in Supervisory Skills: Feedback for Success, Coaching for Success, Discipline and Documentation, and Delegating and Setting Expectations.
This program is designed for supervisors and managers.
Length: 18 Hours (3 Days)
HRCI Credits: This program has been submitted to HR Certification Institute for review.