About This Class
See the strategies that drive today’s biggest brands.
Step into the world of digital marketing with General Assembly. During our introductory workshop, explore the components of brand building and see how modern marketers drive successful campaigns using content, email, social media, paid advertising channels, and more. Using real-world case studies, you’ll:
- Break down the components of a digital marketing campaign.
- Survey today’s digital marketing landscape and its career opportunities.
- Learn to approach a marketing campaign by identifying your objectives first.
- Get hands-on practice identifying key performance indicators (KPIs).
Chart your own career path. Pick up where this workshop leaves off. Dive into the fundamentals in our five-week, online Digital Marketing Circuit or level up on the job in our on-campus Digital Marketing course.
Students should walk away with an actionable understanding of the current digital landscape and how it can drive success and growth for their business.
- Understand the core functions & principles of digital marketing analytics
- Employ the same tools top companies use to activate & retain their customers
- Explain how a referral works and tools you can use to simplify that process
- Learn the basics of search engine marketing (SEM).
- Understand how social media marketing works and how to develop social content that works
- Understand how large-scale email deployment works, and when & how to send it
Prereqs & Preparation
Watch the following 5 videos (3 min total)
Objective-First Framework Video: https://generalassembly.wistia.com/medias/98gsiiel2kKPIs: https://generalassembly.wistia.com/medias/yw8lgn96nu Data: https://generalassembly.wistia.com/medias/yw8lgn96nu Metrics: https://generalassembly.wistia.com/medias/txz2po7aw2 Big data: https://generalassembly.wistia.com/medias/12cb6psj9a