People from many different backgrounds and experiences arrive in the workplace expecting success for themselves and the organization. When this diversity is valued and leveraged, organizations have better outcomes with retention, morale, productivity, customer service, and profitability.
This session focuses on understanding diversity and inclusion—what do these terms mean in the workplace? Participants will learn to learn to recognize different types of exclusion and will practice several communication skills to create a more inclusive environment.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the characteristics that make up diversity
- Talk more comfortably about differences
- Decrease conscious and accidental exclusion
- Create an inclusive workplace
- Resolve misunderstandings related to diversity
This program is designed for supervisors and managers.
Length: 3 hours
HRCI Credits: This program has been submitted to HR Certification Institute for review.