The selection of the right person for a job is one of the most important decisions that a company or supervisor makes. With the cost of turnover between 20 and 200% of the employee’s annual salary* (depending on skill level and position), hiring decisions also have a significant impact on the bottom line.
In Hiring Winners, participants will learn essential skills to use before, during, and after the interview. Participants will leave class with a solid interview preparation plan, specific questions to ask, and a candidate scoring method to boost the effectiveness of their next interview.
Participants are invited to bring job descriptions for open positions to practice the skills covered in class.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Create a standardized interview process
- Avoid the legal risks of hiring
- Plan the most important questions to ask
- Effectively review applications, resumes, and social media
- Ask questions that are nine times more effective than standard interview questions*
- Sell your organization to candidates
- Skillfully answer tough questions from candidates
- Reduce bias with a candidate scoring matrix
This program is designed for supervisors and managers.
Length: 7 hours (1 Day)
HRCI Credits: This program has been submitted to HR Certification Institute for review.