Making the Transition to Management
Your former peers are now your direct reports. Do you know how to adopt the mindset of a manager, let go of your previous role and get work done through others? Can you communicate your priorities to your team? Or set mutual goals so you can increase productivity?
This basic training for managers provides you with easy-to-apply tools needed to make a successful transition into your new role. In just two days you will master the practical basic management know-how—and gain the confidence you want—to plan, organize, coach, motivate, delegate, and communicate in order to be an effective new manager.
How Will you Benefit?
- Understand your new managerial responsibilities—and make a quick, effective transition to your new role
- Establish credibility and effective work styles
- Build alliances with peer managers
- Master the basic management concepts of coaching, communication, motivation, delegation, and performance management
- Practice your listening and feedback skills
- Become an effective member of the management team
What You Will Learn
- Adopting a new manager mindset
- Knowing the expectations of your boss, subordinates, peers, and clients
- Understanding the business, yourself, and others
- Building effective relationships
- Identifying communication approaches to flex with different styles and situations
- Using a structured approach to plan and organize work
- Setting SMART goals and initiatives
- Getting an overview of delegation techniques, knowledge, and attitudes
- Applying methods for setting priorities
- Creating solutions to management challenges
Who Should AttendNewly appointed or prospective managers with less than one year of management experience who are interested in mastering basic management skills.CE Credits: 1.2
For Classroom, Live Online, and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee.
Programs included in AMA OnDemand offerings are not eligible for substitution, transfer, cancellation, return, or refund.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed—At AMA, we guarantee the quality of our seminars. In fact, 98% of our participants say they would recommend the course they have taken to their colleagues. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with a seminar for which you have paid, AMA will give you credit toward another seminar of comparable price or will refund your fee.
We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can.
American Management Association
American Management Association is a world leader in professional development, advancing the skills of individuals to drive business success.
Challenging situations require a trusted partner.AMA’s mission and approach to improving performance combines experiential learning—“learning through doing”—with opportunities for ongoing professional growth at every step of one’s career journey. AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of products and services, including seminars, webcasts and podcasts, conferences, corporate and government solutions, business books and research.
Organizations worldwide, including the majority of the Fortune 500, turn to AMA as their trusted partner in professional development and draw upon its experience to enhance skills, abilities and knowledge with noticeable results from day one.
More classes from American Management Association
Seattle • 307 3rd Ave. S. #2, Seattle, WA 98104 • Phone: +1 206-397-0011 • Copyright © 2019 All Rights Reserved