Increasingly, employers find themselves the target of employment litigation and claims that are costly in terms of dollars and employee morale. Many times, employer liability hinges on the quality of the company’s investigation into complaints of discrimination, harassment, or other claims of workplace misconduct. In fact, an important consideration in an employee’s decision to ultimately file a lawsuit is whether the employer conducted an effective workplace investigation.
Conducting Effective Internal Investigations provides practical and timely information for employer representatives who by virtue of their position are charged with investigating a workplace complaint.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Conduct investigative interviews of witnesses.
- Document the investigation appropriately, including preparation of an investigation checklist.
- Implement investigative techniques for credibility assessment, reluctant and emotional witnesses.
- Understand legal rights of investigation participants.
- Prepare an investigation report.
- Implement investigation findings and follow up on post investigation issue.