According to a 2014 survey by the Workplace Bullying Institute, 27% of employees have been bullied at work. When reported, only 28% of employers respond appropriately while 72% deny, discount, encourage, rationalize, or defend it.
Bullying in the workplace results in poor performance, attendance and health problems, and even turnover of high performers. In Bully-Proofing Your Workplace, you will learn to protect your organization from costly claims while building an environment where all employees enthusiastically contribute their best to the organization.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize various forms of bullying behaviors
- Understand the difference between bullying and illegal workplace harassment
- List the risks of allowing bullying behaviors at work
- Prevent bullying with policies, education, and open reporting channels
- Eliminate bullying with proper role modeling, accountability, communication, and disciplinary action