Do you need leadership training to prepare you to take that next step? Learn how to get noticed and selected for a leadership position and develop effective leadership skills required of confident leaders.
This leadership training course is uniquely designed to help leaders-to-be get ready for their new challenges and responsibilities. You’ll discover the heart, soul and mind of true leadership. Through role-playing, self-assessment tests and other leadership training scenarios, you’ll explore leadership roles as strategist, change agent, coach, manager, communicator, mentor and team member. And you’ll learn how to develop your unique leadership style for maximum impact.
How You Will Benefit
- Understand what a leader is…and is not
- Project a more dynamic image
- Discover your own unique leadership style
- Determine which leadership attributes you already possess
- Apply lessons learned through leadership training to take on your first leadership position with greater confidence
- Get noticed by learning how to look and talk like a leader
- Find out what people expect and respect in a leader
- Apply lessons learned through leadership training to refine your skills in gaining and using power and influence positively
- Learn how to motivate a team, including “difficult people”
- Protect yourself against the pitfalls of intra-organizational politics
Is There a Leader in You?
- Discuss which qualities senior management looks for in candidates for leadership positions
- Understand the challenges you will face as a leader
What Do Leaders Talk About?
- Discover your leadership style
- Learn to adapt your style to the needs of others
What Is Your Leadership Image?
- Describe how to project the positive professional image of a leader
How Can You Build Your Influence and Power?
- Illustrate ways that leaders can build their power and influence
How Can You Develop Key Relationships?
- Identify the strategic alliances you need to build
How Should You Handle Organizational Politics?
- Explain strategies for getting others to support your agenda
How Can You Motivate People?
- Assess the things that really motivate
Methods to Approach the First Day, Week, Month and Year of Leadership
- Design your strategies for being noticed and selected to be a leader
Any manager who needs leadership training to step into a leadership role or who is about to take on a new leadership assignment.
AMA Blended Learning combines instructor-led training with online pre- and post-seminar assessments, tune-up courses and other resources to maximize your training goals. Through a blend of proven instructor-led seminars and powerful online technology, AMA Blended Learning provides a compelling and more comprehensive experience for the learner—producing a greater return-on-investment for the employer and the seminar participant.