To work together effectively on any project, everyone on the team needs to use a common language and have a clear understanding of all expectations. This unique project manager training seminar is designed for individuals with little or no prior knowledge of project management who serve on project management teams, those who simply want to know more about PM or those who are making the transition to project management. In just two days, you’ll develop an understanding of essential terminology and apply basic PM tools and techniques to increase your effectiveness both on the team and in your own functional area.
How Will you Benefit?
- Know the purpose and process of project management
- Understand the roles, responsibilities and needs of project team members
- Identify and apply critical project management tools
- Identify stakeholders, their relationships to each other and how these relationships affect projects
- Recognize stakeholder issues within the organization
- Identify and apply critical communication tools and protocols
What You Will Learn
- Key project management terms
- Five groups of the project management process
- Estimating project activity accurately
- Identifying and aligning the project stakeholders
- Evaluating the project charter
- Validating project requirements against the SMART Tool
- Understanding and creating the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
Who Should AttendThose who are involved in projects but do not manage them, such as subject matter experts, team members, project sponsors, contributors, facilitators and coordinators.
CE Credits: 1.2
For Classroom, Live Online, and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee.
Programs included in AMA OnDemand offerings are not eligible for substitution, transfer, cancellation, return, or refund.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed—At AMA, we guarantee the quality of our seminars. In fact, 98% of our participants say they would recommend the course they have taken to their colleagues. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with a seminar for which you have paid, AMA will give you credit toward another seminar of comparable price or will refund your fee.
We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can.
American Management Association
American Management Association is a world leader in professional development, advancing the skills of individuals to drive business success.
Challenging situations require a trusted partner.AMA’s mission and approach to improving performance combines experiential learning—“learning through doing”—with opportunities for ongoing professional growth at every step of one’s career journey. AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of products and services, including seminars, webcasts and podcasts, conferences, corporate and government solutions, business books and research.
Organizations worldwide, including the majority of the Fortune 500, turn to AMA as their trusted partner in professional development and draw upon its experience to enhance skills, abilities and knowledge with noticeable results from day one.
More classes from American Management Association