Certified by Washington Industrial Safety & Health Act and Washington State Department of Labor Industries WAC 296- 800-15005 stipulates that employers assure adequately trained personnel are available in the event a medical emergency occurs in the workplace. To assist employers in meeting this requirement, our First Aid/CPR/AED Certified Training is one-day course that certifies attendees in basic first aid and CPR. We certify you in the operation of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and provide you with the knowledge, skills, and background to effectively recognize an emergency and take appropriate action. (NOTE: To maintain state-recognized certification, you must attend a four-hour recertification course every two years).
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify two methods to assure scene safety for a rescuer
- Demonstrate two methods of positioning the victim to provide a clear breathing passage
- Identify and demonstrate two methods to control external bleeding
- Describe the signs of cardiac arrest and demonstrate CPR on a mannequin
- Explain the danger of moving a spinal injury victim and demonstrate spinal stabilization
- Identify three basic actions to take when assisting victims of a medical emergency
- Demonstrate proper AED placement and use for a victim of cardiac arrest
Archbright is registered with Labor and Industries (L&I) as a sponsor of the Electrical Continuing Education Credit. Electricians are now able to receive four hours of credit by completing one of our first Aid/CPR training classes. This helps fulfill the required continuing education requirements for certified electricians. Please notify your Instructor if you would like to take advantage of this credit.