Want to know about choosing the right entity for your business? Want to ensure you know the difference between an employee and an independent contractor? Want to avoid some of the pitfalls in leasing arrangements? Look no further!!
Here’s a SCORE workshop that will provide you the basics to help you comply with Federal, state and local laws, and minimize your legal risks in your daily transactions.
This half-day interactive workshop focuses on the following topics that are key in the life of a small business owner:
- Selecting and forming a legal entity for your business
- How to bring in co-owners
- Creating an LLC Operating Agreement or Corporate Shareholder’s Agreement
- Employee vs. independent contractor issues
- Leasing property – pitfalls to avoid Insurance – Do you need it and what types of insurance should you consider?
- Doing business in other states
- Operating your business over the internet Intellectual property: Patents, Trademarks, and Trade Names
This workshop is presented by Guy Towle, an active SCORE mentor and retired attorney. Guy worked for 41 years as a practicing business and corporate attorney, the last 17 of which as a partner in the firm of Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP. During his legal career he assisted numerous small business owners with their legal issues and has a very good understanding of the needs of small businesses and their owners.
As a volunteer mentor with SCORE, Guy regularly counsels small business owners on various aspects of their business, focusing principally on legal matters.