Bad balance is a myth. Our patient instructors will work with you individually to stand up and paddle with confidence. We place students on super stable boards for your height and weight using proven techniques that guarantee your success in standing up, turning and having fun! You may see harbor seals, bald eagles, sea lions and views of the Olympic Mountains, Mt Baker and Bainbridge and Whidbey Islands.
- Learn to stand up using our proven methods for your success
- Learn two easy turns so you can be in full control on-water
- We’ll also show you how to go sideways and backwards to avoid collisions
- Learn an efficient forward stroke so you can paddle with minimal effort
- We’ll teach you how to paddle straight to save energy and go faster
- Learn bomber stability skills to stay drier in rough water
- Falling is normal and learning how to get on could save your life. We’ll show you how to do both easily
- Learn how to install a fin and leash so you can transport your board easier and stay safer on-water
- Learn to read water for smarter route planning decisions so you get there easier with less effort
- SUP isn’t all about standing. Learn to sit, kneel and paddle prone (on chest) for paddling in wind
- We’ll show you how to choose the best gear and strokes to prevent shoulder injuries
- Learn how to paddle over boat wakes and in wind which is essential for any paddling trip (and super fun!)
- How to choose gear and clothing
- Learn how to carry your board so you can be self-sufficient
- We’ll show you how to easily load and safely secure a SUP to a car
Instructor to Student Ratio: 1:4 or 2:4 Video playback may be used.
Who Should Attend? Beginners or those seeking a refresher class. Ideal for individuals or groups looking to gain a solid foundation from patient certified instructors.
After Class Benefits: Receive a summary of strokes covered and tips of skills to work on. Optional video or stills of your experience. Help with purchasing gear.
** Fee is per person and all gear is included with cost: Stable board, paddle, PFD (life vest), leash, wetsuit, booties, gloves.