Looking for a summer camp for your child that is fun, gets them outside, and helps to nourish their creative side?
Students will learn and grow with various techniques to draw, paint, sculpt, and explore print-making through guided projects. Many of the drawing projects involve drawing of live animals we observe in the studio such as ducks, turtles, lizards, etc. Students will also have daily opportunities to work with a team to build projects from nature while exploring how science and art work together such as creating a pendulum to paint with, or a structurally sound and beautiful bridge made of bark, moss, flowers and rocks. Many various sculpture and painting projects will give the chance for each student to really explore their unleashed creativity. Each day ends with a time of quiet observation under the cool shade of the trees to sketch from nature.
- am: Drawing, Print-Making, and group projects exploring science and art
- pm: Painting and Sculpture as well as the sketchbook nature journaling
* Dress for mess from shirts to shoes. Art can be messy, also kids like to spend time outside in the creek bed and forest area during breaks and group projects. Water sandles are ideal. On very hot days we may run through the sprinkler on breaks.
* the studio is cold in the morning even on warm days, bring a sweatshirt.
* pack a snack for 1/2 day camps and a lunch & snack for full day.
*sunscreen and hats are not needed as we are in the shade of the woods.