This camp encompasses an array of delicious local and global favorites. In addition to a brief sojourn into ethnic foods, this camp will focus on practical meals and food made from scratch. Lunch and snacks will be made each day. Your young chef will rub elbows with professional chefs all week long becoming competent and proficient in the kitchen by actually practicing hands-on culinary skills with them for five hours a day. The highlight of this comprehensive week is our Thursday Graduation Dinner when students present their accomplishments to their own guests by preparing and serving a full four-course dinner.
A SAMPLING OF WHAT OUR CAMPERS WILL ACCOMPLISH
- Learn how to cook a large variety of foods
- Basic knife skills
- Create appetizers, soups, salads, entrees and desserts utilizing a wide array of ingredients
- Cook according to practical daily themes that include Breakfast, Healthy Snacks, Baking & Pastry, Easy Weeknight Dinners, Approachable Entertaining Dinners
- Get cooking tips and learn about kitchen safety
- Iron Chef Challenge
- Create an elegant 4-course meal and serve it to family and guests
Our Camps capture the world of culinary arts for today’s young adults and help fuel a passion for spending time in the kitchen. We encourage young adults to create a sense of ownership in their home kitchen and to be a part of bringing their family together around the dinner table. Our camps not only help expand the palate of our students, but they give experience, education and confidence to those youth who want to venture into the kitchen on their own. Our acclaimed professional chefs teach classic cooking skills to make healthy, tasty and interesting dishes. During our camps students take a hands-on role in the planning and preparation of delicious gourmet family meals. Students take the knowledge and experience they have gained working with our chefs home to their kitchens to prepare tasty meals for their family with great confidence.
Camp fee includes a $250 supply fee. Camp fees are non-refundable. With 3 weeks notice, the camp fee may be transferred for up to 2 years towards a future camp or any of our events, classes or merchandise.
Supply Fee includes:
- Chef’s jacket
- Professional-quality chef’s knife
- Blue Ribbon electronic cookbook
- Daily lunch
- Daily culinary ingredients
- A student ticket for Thursday Night’s Graduation Dinner
Thursday Night Graduation Dinner 6:30 pm.
Children (Under 12): $30 Adults (12 and Over): $45