This is a condensed version of the 6-week “Parenting the Love and Logic® Way” course. It takes six 2-hour sessions and reduces it to 8 hours presented in two 4-hour sessions. The techniques provided in the 6-week course are covered, but the readings and exercises are done outside of class.
This course will give you proven techniques, exercises, and tips that will up the odds that your kids will become responsible adults and your family will have more fun!
You will learn about:
- Staying calm when faced with frustrating or infuriating behaviors
- How to neutralize arguing and backtalk
- Getting kids to listen the first time
- Guidelines for developing effective logical consequences
- How to setting enforceable limits without losing their love
- How to get chores done without nagging, reminding, warning, or bribing
- How to create a logical consequence when no natural one exists
- Ways to allow kids to take ownership of solving their problems
- …And much more!
Includes information for parenting all age kids — infants through teens.
Appropriate for parents, teachers and caregivers of any age children. Full course outline available here
Parenting doesn't have to be filled with stress and struggle. With some fun techniques, you can up the odds of having a happy family, great relationships with your kids, a lot more fun and a lot less stress! All parents love their kids and work hard at parenting. You may have very little, (or no) support or mentoring. You try to improve your skills by consulting "professional" books and articles, or friends who have the same problems and questions. Often the information you get is contradictory, complicated or confusing. Join me as we explore the world of parenting and help you bring about positive changes with children of all ages.