Ever dreamed about acting in a movie, or making a movie of your own? In this fun, 3-session hands on film class, we’ll create and film a short independent movie from scratch, working as a group. You’ll learn how to make movies by actually helping make one.
LET’S MAKE A MOVIE is a good class for FILMMAKERS wanting to see how the process works, and help out behind the scenes. It’s also a good class for ACTORS wanting to get some FILM ACTING EXPERIENCE under their belts, and get some good footage for their ACTOR REELS.
Let’s Make A Movie is a fun, fast moving class in which people learn key things about independent filmmaking by actually helping make a movie. It’s an enjoyable way to learn how to make a short independent movie while working against a tight deadline, by actually doing it.
- In the first class, we’ll brainstorm about the script, and make some basic decisions.
- The instructor will then write a script designed to give every student an interesting role, and to give the filmmakers in the class a good learning experience. (The instructor’s movies have appeared in international film festivals)
- In the second class, we’ll cast the movie and rehearse it.
- In the third class (a full day workshop, we’ll film it.
- The instructor will bring in pro lights and a prosumer camcorder for the “main camera” filming. Students are welcome to bring their own camcorders or DSLRs and film along.
- The movie will then be edited, audio edited, and have an original musical score created.
- Then a few weeks after the class ends, we’ll have a wrap party! (Feel free to invite family and friends.)
- You do not have to have previous filmmaking experience to take this class.
- This class is taught by Seattle filmmaker Nils Osmar.
First two meetings: 10:00am – 12:30pm
Last Meeting: 9:00am – 9:00pm
This class has free parking.
Class Price includes a $10 Registration Fee