About This Workshop
We will be going over how to:
- Connect to and bring real-world data into Tableau;
- Easily clean and prepare data for exploration and interactive visual analysis;
- Explore different data types and methods to drill up and down into data detail;
- Build a variety of analysis chart types, including maps, time-series, and forecasts;
- Create calculated fields from provided data extract;
- Work with dates, including discrete and continuous time aggregations;
- Apply one-click advanced analytics to extend the power of data visualizations;
- Create parameters to enable end-user what-if analysis scenarios;
- Combine visualizations into dashboards, along with data filters and interactivity;
- Explore visual finishing and formatting techniques;
- Present insights from vizzes and dashboard using Tableau StoryPoints;
- See how to create free portfolios of dashboards and StoryPoints with Tableau Public;
- Present opportunities for intermediate Tableau training and industry certification.
This online Bootcamp will teach you how to load multiple data sources to create and combine visual analyses into interactive dashboards. Present compelling data-driven insights using built-in storypoints.
No required specific participant background. Minimum system requirements, as published by Tableau, will include a minimum of 4 GB system memory with a recommendation of 4 GB for optimal performance. Class pre-work will be distributed upon registration which will include detailed instructions for downloading application software.
About the Instructor
Craig Fryar Data Executive, Platform Architect and Technologist,
Craig Fryar is the former Global Director of Enterprise Strategy for Tableau. Prior to that he served as Head of Global Business Intelligence at Wargaming.net, an award-winning online game developer and publisher, and one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO market.
Prior to Wargaming, Fryar was the Director of Analytics at BioWare, a division of Electronic Arts, where he launched, staffed and managed the analytics and reporting teams to inform data-driven design and executive decisions for global AAA computer and console software titles, including Star Wars: The Old Republic and Mass Effect 3.
He has also served in various executive positions leading highly-effective teams within innovative analytics and data services, hardware, software, simulations, biotech products and R&D.
Craig is co-founder of Data Divers, LLC and consults globally as a vCDO and Data Analytics SME.