About This Workshop
Python is an excellent programming language for data science, due to its rich set of data structures, the maturity of its data-focused libraries, and its ability to execute all aspects of the data science pipeline. This workshop will lay the foundation for data science in Python by exploring its data structures and data manipulation capabilities, as well as giving you a better understanding of the Python environment. This class is also a recommended preparatory workshop for students planning to enroll in General Assembly’s Data Science course.
- Ability to use Python for basic data analysis tasks (data cleaning and reformatting, exploration, analysis)
- Understanding of Python’s role as a tool in the backend and analysis toolkits
- Understanding of the possibilities opened up through a better understanding of Python
- Greater preparedness for GA’s Data Science course
Prereqs & Preparation
- Students must have taken Part I: Python For Data Science (Beginners).
- Please download Python version 2.7 before class.
- Experience finding public datasets online and getting them into Python
- Greater familiarity with the different Python environments, including Spyder and the IPython Notebook