This 10-week (or accelerated one week) course will teach you how to use large datasets to make critical decisions.
The Big Picture
Confidently make — and defend — critical decisions using the results of your data analysis.
Skills, Tools, & Strategies
Use Excel, SQL, and Tableau to spot trends and drive business decisions with real‐world data.
Analytics in Practice
Share your insights and tell compelling stories using data visualizations and dashboards.
Unit 1: Exploring Data with Excel
- Understanding the Value of Data
- Preparing Data in Excel
- Referencing Data in Excel
- Aggregating Data in Excel
- Visualizing Data in Excel
- Applying Statistics for Data Analysis
- Building Data Narratives
Unit 2: Managing Data with SQL
- Foundations of Databases and SQL
- Aggregating Data in SQL
- Using Logic and Functions in SQL
- Writing Efficient, Dynamic Queries and Subqueries
Unit 3: Communicating Data Analysis with Tableau
- Exploring the Fundamentals of Tableau
- Visualizing Data and Text Manipulation in Tableau
- Text and Sentiment Analysis in Tableau
- Designing Data Dashboards in Tableau
- Working with Data Across Excel, SQL, and Tableau
- Final Project Presentations