About This Workshop
SQL provides powerful but reasonably simple tools for data analysis and handling. This bootcamp will take absolute beginners through the basics of SQL to an ability to write queries with confidence. We will use a combination of lecture and in-class exercises to ensure that students leave with a working grasp of SQL fundamentals.
- Background on SQL
- Basic SELECT-FROM-WHERE statements
- LIMIT clauses
- Math operations and constant expressions in SELECT statements
- Booleans and complex conditions in the WHERE clause
- Pattern matching in the WHERE clause
- NULL values
- JOIN operations
- Grouping and aggregations
- HAVING clauses
- ORDER BY clauses
- Basic technical aptitude and orientation to computers, and curiosity to learn new tools.
- Willingness to learn about a text-based/principle driven analytic tool with little real GUI support, and determination to push through the natural frustration of confronting new concepts.
- This bootcamp is taken completely online via Zoom and Slack
- We will provide login information and a link to the platform on the day of the session.
- You will need a computer and a strong internet connection
- Each participant must have purchased a ticket
Please install the latest version of PgAdmin4 prior to class