SQL Bootcamp Remote (ONLINE)
Imagine that you have a spreadsheet containing every data point about your customers — their preferences, their web browsing behavior, the products they’ve bought. What would you do with all that information? When you know SQL, you can slice and dice that data any way you want, providing critical insights that drive business strategy.SQL provides powerful but reasonably simple tools for data analysis and handling. This bootcamp will take absolute beginners through the basics of SQL to an ability to write queries with confidence — and start using the tool immediately.
Due to pre-work requirements, participants must sign up at least 24 hours before the workshop start time.
- Understand SQL vocabulary such as tables, schema, functions and JOINS.
- Understand the differences between different data management systems for SQL databases.
- Create basic SQL queries by applying Boolean logic, sorting functions, and commenting.
- Apply SQL aggregate functions [MIN, MAX, SUM, AVG, COUNT].
- Use advanced SQL commands [OR, GROUP BY, HAVING] and conditional operators [ =,!=,>,<, IN, NOT IN, and BETWEEN] to filter data.
- Basic technical aptitude and orientation to computers, and curiosity to learn new tools.
- Willingness to learn about a text-based/principle driven analytic tool with little real GUI support, and determination to push through the natural frustration of confronting new concepts.
- This bootcamp is taken completely online.
- We will provide login information and a link to the platform on the day of the session.
- You will need a computer and a strong internet connection
Prior to class: Watch this Introduction to SQL video. Download the DB Browser that is compatible with your operating system.
Plans change. We get it. But if you can't make it to a class/workshop, please email us at least 7 days before the scheduled event date. No refunds will be given after this time frame.
General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. The leading source for training, staffing, and career transitions, we foster a flourishing community of professionals pursuing careers they love.
What began as a co-working space in 2011 has since grown into a global learning experience with campuses in 15 cities and over 25,000 graduates worldwide.
As individuals and companies struggle to compete in an increasingly technological economy, General Assembly provides award-winning, dynamic training to close the global skills gap.
More classes from General Assembly
Seattle • 307 3rd Ave. S. #2, Seattle, WA 98104 • Phone: +1 206-397-0011 • Copyright © 2019 All Rights Reserved