As technology changes and more media outlets compete for customers’ time, providing an enjoyable experience is critical to both attracting and keeping users. This bootcamp aims to demystify UX by giving a practical and simple introduction to what UX is while also explaining some of its core concepts of usability. This is a field that affects all areas of business — prepare to dip your toes into an ocean of new concepts and ideas that will enlighten your perspective on the human-computer interaction experience.
This workshop will cover how to perform user research and testing as part of an iterative design cycle along with various design processes and who is involved. Additionally, students will learn core UX concepts and terminology, practice research, sketching and design thinking skills, and leave with a digital prototype.
- Articulate how humans interact with digital products and services.
- Understand who’s who in the discipline of UX.
- Practice new design processes you can apply in real life.
- Create designs by practicing a design thinking exercise.
- Practice new research, sketching, and testing skills.
Prereqs & Preparation:
Bring your laptop & cell phone.