About this Workshop
The goal of visual design is to communicate a specific message to a targeted audience. This class will teach you the purpose of visual design and how it relates to UX design.
We’ll learn the basic elements of Visual Design (ie: layout, graphics, type, color) and review and critique UI examples. Finally, the student will leave with a series of exercises, tools and resources that will help for beginning new projects on their own.
- A vocabulary for critique and communicating visual problems and solutions.
- A toolkit for exploration while starting new projects.
- Understand the purpose of visual design and the value it brings to the overall experience
- Provide a background of key visual design elements and components
- Start to identify aspects that make certain UI’s work (or not work)
- Learn how to look at UI’s in a more critical lens
Prereqs & Preparation
This class is for UX Designers looking to get more of a background on Visual Design, Digital Marketers interested in learning visual design essentials to create own ads and marketing collateral.